Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Just-A-Chalkin' And A Pouncin'


I'm baaaccckkk. Been a few days since I have posted a card so I thought I would play around with the SCS Technique Challenge this week which was chalk pouncing. I have to say I love my chalks and have used them in several different ways but never by pouncing. I was using the pearlescent chalks which are very light so you had to pounce a lot. I pounced the whole background first and then stamped the flower with Marvy Matchables Grey Ink. I thought since the chalk was so pastel that I would need the image to be a little bolder but black would be too much. After I stamped the image I went back over the flower with my chalks to darken it and highlight it more. The actual image is a little shimmery because of the chalks but it doesn't show in the pic. Overall I am pleased with the results but I think if I do this again I would use my regular chalks which are a lot brighter.
Size: 6x6; Stamps: Printworks, Cornish Heritage Farms; Ink: Marvy Grey, Marvy Markers; Paper: Doodlebug Designs; Accessories: Ribbon, Brads, Chalks

No comments: