Friday, April 11, 2008

I Took The Eylelet Challenge!


So I decided to take the eyelet challenge, ya know since I had a couple in my accessory box. OK maybe that's a couple "googillion" for those of you who watched American Idol Gives Back. By the way America...you got it wrong this week. Michael Johns should still be in the competition... but I digress. LOL- The challenge was to use eyelets in any form or fashion on your project. So I took my SU! Simply Said flower stamp and added the flower eyelets in place of the stamped flower. I have had these eyelets forever and have never used them on anything so I figured now was the time. I went around each flower with chalk to "try" to make it look like a halo effect instead of the blob of multiple colors that it actually turned out to look like.....but anyway went around the scallops with a gel pen. I also went over the flower stems with stickles for added sparkle and color. I stamped the sentiment in purple ink and then went over it with my silver glitter gel pen to give it more sparkle. Once again I used my new favorite Dotted Swiss Cuttlebug folder to emboss the dots on the pink. Another quick card but I had fun playing and afterall...that's what it's all about right? Having fun and playing at the same time?
Size: A2; Stamps: Hero Arts, Stampin Up!; Ink: SU! Stampin Spots; Paper: American Crafts; Accessories: Ribbon, Flower Brads, Stickles

1 comment:

HiHoRosie said...

I concur the Michael Johns should NOT have been booted from AI. Personally, I think Brooke should be the next to go but alas, she wasn't even in the bottom 3. I liked MJ so I'm sad he's gone.

I've always wanted to use eyelets but haven't yet. don't have all the tools. One day!