Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Amazing Grace!


Finally! I got to put some ink on this Amazing Grace stamp that I bought in January at convention. I stamped Distress Ink in Old Paper and Tea Dye on glossy paper. Then I stamped the rose in the bottom corner. Masked it and stamped the Amazing Grace on top of it in Walnut Stain. I also added Glossy Accents to the rose to make it shiny and stand out....but here's the thing..it removed a lot of the color and lightened it up a bunch. I'm not sure if it is because it was on glossy paper or what. I have not noticed this problem before but it changed the color considerably. So make a note. Anyway, I tore the edges and inked with Walnut Stain and a Chestnut cat eye. The paper I used is double sided so I used the back side and cuttlebugged with swirls. Then I punched holes and threaded the ribbon. It needed something else and so I went around the edges with my Gold Leaf pen. I also heat set it and the organza ribbon to make it curl. Then I mounted everything on the front side of patterned paper and added photo corners that I punched out of burgundy velvet paper. Voila! There you have it. The Amazing Grace Stamp....which I absolutely love and am so glad I bought. Wish the rose hadn't lightened up so much but it still looks ok in real life. Anyway this is my card for the April Card swap and the theme is Words to Live By. Hope you like it!

Size: 5x6 1/2; Paper: Imaginisce - Exotic East; Inks: Tim Holtz's Distress Old Paper, Walnut Stain, Tea Dye, Aged Mahogany; Embellishments: Photo corner punch, Cuttlebug, Gold Leaf pen, InkEssenttials Glossy Accents; Stamps: Rose= Stamp Camp, Amazing Grace = Morning Star

1 comment:

HiHoRosie said...

Beautiful! Love the color of that ribbon on there.